Channeling Giovanni - Rambling thoughts from outside the cha cha...

Me: Interesting, peculiar, awash in contradiction, sensitive, easily distracted, odd, thoughtful, odd, political, philistine, romantic, laid back, clever, sweet, puppy dog, introspective, hyper, odd, Bohemian, untrendy, jock, and all around good guy.

Sunday, March 12, 2006

Why am I Channeling Giovanni?

Long story. Essentially, I came up with the term several years back while spending a week with my friend 'mute in San Francisco. 'mute, is not of course, not his real name, but my nickname for him. I love Alaskan Malamutes and Siberian Huskies. One night, he told me he had a dream about a Malamute. After that, I just refer to him as 'mute.

Okay, see, there I go, off on another topic. I was about to explain the whole Channeling Giovanni thing. After running around with 'mute for nearly a week of pretty much carefree hanging out, I would occasionally go off in to a spontaneous or irrelevant burst of energy, thought, or discussion. 'mute would say "That's not RAAAHHTTT (right for those of you that don't speak Southern) as he imitated my accent." I would just respond, "Sorry, I must have been Channeling Giovanni."

So, the real question, is "Who is Giovanni?" Someone from years and years ago that I dated for a brief while. I had a brief fascination with him. No one ever brought out the range of emotions in me that Giovanni could. Mostly bad ones. He had one of the great speaking voices of anyone I have ever know; it was smooth, crisp, and covered with surfer jargon. He was (and still his) smart, hyper, quick to laugh, VERY type A, ADHD, outgoing, easily tweaked, and annoying. He would yell at bad drivers, honk his horn, was rude to waiters/clerks/my friends, and in general usually kept me afraid I would take a stray bullet if someone tried to take him out. One of my friends commented that Gio was fine as long as his face was buried in a pillow.

Last time I saw him, he had a "Flame Boy Approved" sticker on his SUV. So Giovanni!

It takes great cleverness to be able to conceal one's cleverness. -- Francois de La Rouchefoucald

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home