Channeling Giovanni - Rambling thoughts from outside the cha cha...

Me: Interesting, peculiar, awash in contradiction, sensitive, easily distracted, odd, thoughtful, odd, political, philistine, romantic, laid back, clever, sweet, puppy dog, introspective, hyper, odd, Bohemian, untrendy, jock, and all around good guy.

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Theft and online meetings

Recently, a friend was telling me about someone that he met online. He invited the guy to his house. When the guy showed up, my friend went to take a shower, came out of the shower, the guy was gone, and so was his wallet, some jewelry, and an LCD television. I know many guys that this has happened to including one that woke up "the next morning" and his car was gone.

As long as we insist on inviting strangers in to our homes, the odds are we are going to get screwed sooner or later. Back in my single days, I would never have let someone out of my sight that I had not been on at least two dates with. Going to their place, I would leave my wallet in my car, or at least hide it. On one occasion while at some guy's apartment, I found him going through my clothes. He claimed he was about to do laundry and offered to wash my jeans. Right...

So, guys, for heavens sake, show a some judgement and caution!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home