Channeling Giovanni - Rambling thoughts from outside the cha cha...

Me: Interesting, peculiar, awash in contradiction, sensitive, easily distracted, odd, thoughtful, odd, political, philistine, romantic, laid back, clever, sweet, puppy dog, introspective, hyper, odd, Bohemian, untrendy, jock, and all around good guy.

Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Why "thoughts outside the cha cha"

Okay, so someone asked me what "outside the cha cha" meant.

When I was relatively young, the gay bar in my home town was a few steps above a dive. Well, it was not too bad, but it was not the nicest bar in town, either. We called it the White Avenue Danceteria (jokinginly) or the "cha cha".

I found it much more interesting to hang out with the people that usually collected on the sidewalk across the street from the bar. On any given night, a bunch of us would hang out across the street on the sidewalk or in the parking lot. It was a lot more fun than going inside. We could talk story, hang out, and, of course, diss the people going in that we did not like.

Much of my early life, I was an outsider. Even when I acknowledged being gay and starting going to the bars, I prefered being "outside". Still do, I guess.

So, that is "thoughts from outside the cha cha". I always prefer looking at things from an outsider's perspective.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home