Channeling Giovanni - Rambling thoughts from outside the cha cha...

Me: Interesting, peculiar, awash in contradiction, sensitive, easily distracted, odd, thoughtful, odd, political, philistine, romantic, laid back, clever, sweet, puppy dog, introspective, hyper, odd, Bohemian, untrendy, jock, and all around good guy.

Thursday, July 27, 2006

Don't call me baby...

One thing that has always gotten under my skin is gay guys that don't even know me, but want to call me "Mary", "Miss Thing", "Queen", etc... In my opinion, this is diminutive and condescending. Cultural, maybe? But I have always taken it to be an insult when delivered by someone other than a friend.

I was at a party a few weeks ago in Zurich and met a few fellow Americans. This big strapping fellow had had a few too many margaritas and as soon as I was introduced to him, he said "What brings you to Europe, Miss Thing?" I was kind of flustered and did not want to say at first, but finally said (in my best California surfer accent) "Dude, like, I'm a dude, man.)

In the words of Joe Jackson, "So don't call me a faggot, not unless you a friend"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home