Channeling Giovanni - Rambling thoughts from outside the cha cha...

Me: Interesting, peculiar, awash in contradiction, sensitive, easily distracted, odd, thoughtful, odd, political, philistine, romantic, laid back, clever, sweet, puppy dog, introspective, hyper, odd, Bohemian, untrendy, jock, and all around good guy.

Wednesday, August 09, 2006

All this junk mail! What to do? What to do?

I get 4 or 5 credit card offers a week in the mail. Capital One is really intent on me getting one of their credit cards! One of my housemates gets 2 or 3 A DAY! Sometimes the same companies over and over again.

I have started taking all of this unsolicited junk, opening it, looking for the postage paid envelope, stuffing it full of the things they sent me (less, of course, anything that can identify me) and putting it back in the mail to the sender. Those companies then have to pay the return postage and pay for someone to open up the returned "junk mail".

A few years ago, I went out and signed up for all of the conservative Christian newsletters I could find (Christian Coalition, American Family Association, etc...) and have them send me their junk (which I trash). If they send me donation envelopes, I send them back empty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home